Thursday, December 25, 2008

Season to LOVE <3

Sad to say, this Christmas has certainly not been much to my delight. =( Many unwanted or undesired things happened to my relatives. Visited 2 hospitals on Christmas eve... How bad can that be, you may ask? Sigh... You know, I used to (and still am) feel uncomfortable to just step in the hospital. I dislike almost everything in the hospital. The environment, the atmosphere, the facilities... Everything! It gives a feeling of being dirty, sicky... those kind... to just think back about it.. And a random but insightful thought just entered my mind- I was borned in a HOSPITAL!!!
But I realized that a hospital is a place where reaching out can be done. Jesus loved the sick, the poor, the needy and the list goes on. Not once, not even once Jesus avoided them, but rather He stayed close to them; helped them, healed them. And if I love Jesus and want to imitate Him, I have to learn to love not the hospital, but for the sick people in the hospital. But first, I have to stepped in the hospital. It's not something that I like doing seriously speaking... But, I want to care like Jesus did. =) I want to love them like Jesus did, and I'm not letting the fear or discomfort entering hospitals to stop me from reaching out to them. I will overcome it by the grace and strength of God. =)

This Christmas season, I learnt that it isn't much of giving and receiving presents; but rather the heart to care and show love to one another; particularly the people close to me. This Christmas has certainly been a meaningful one albeit not being able to attend church on Christmas eve.

May this Christmas be not just another celebration of festivals; but a celebration of hope, peace, love and joy. May we learn to love and care for one another more and more like Jesus.

BLESSED CHRISTMAS, everybody!

No comments: