Tuesday, August 25, 2009

...

Had a wonderful weekend last week. Attended LYPG on Saturday morning, youth in the afternoon, badminton session with my CF friends in the evening and dinner after the oh-so -beautiful game at AC at night. I've improved in badminton after getting started on Saturday. how much? tiny weeny. better than before at least. lol.. It's been a loong time ever since my last proper badminton match. Oh well... Sunday?! No need to mention- church :) Caught in 3 things all at the same time from 9:30am-10:30am... Had to choose between those 3, but solved. Big thanks to Ong for taking over projector for me! XD Back home , thought of going to my piano teacher's house to practise but she was busy on that day. So, sent Su Ann home. Came home, had guests, dad's friends from Penang. Ate dinner and off to drop by grandma's house for a short while. The smile on grandma's face taking her out the other day to walk around at a mall was priceless!


Anyway, I just had my last piano class of my life this morning if I passed my upcoming piano exam this Friday. (Of course, there's still Diploma if I want.)... I don't know what to say... I don't think I am ready for it. But I'm not giving up till the very last minute. Gonna practise and practise and practise and give my best this Friday. Even if I failed, it's okay.. It's not the end of everything or my life. What I reap I sow. 50% of the students who sit for grade 8 comes out fail. That's how hard. And I only started learning the pieces 4 months ago.. When others have at least about a year to learn up... If I were given a choice, a year would be good, not 4 months! But I know I have the Holy Spirit. With God, I can do everything. But I need to practise! Faith without action is as good as nothing.

And today, she said my scales had improved though I did not practised much. I was suprised at my scales too. She also said to me, if I had practised like now since last time, then good lor. She sees me as putting alot of hardwork in my last minute effort.

I'm a one-one task person. I handle things one-by-one. That's when I set my mind and I will reach it. But when it comes to multitasking, it won't work as well as on a one-to-one task.

We were talking about my degree course, and she mentioned, piano also needs to study! And the thought came to me to perhaps google what are the characteristics of Barouque period and other periods to learn more and perhaps if able, add in to my piano pieces. Since it will help me in a bigger way in the future with more knowledge on these Baroque periods etc, why not learn as much as I can and do my best, instead of focusing of passing and passing, though I will still practise to passed.

I don't know la if I'm gonna pass or not... But God is still God amidst my failures and successes. He is great. sizeless, bigger than I can ever imagine. My heart will praise Him in good times and bad times. Blessed be His Name.

:)

No comments: