Thursday, August 6, 2009

Going on beyond my wildest dreams

New challenges arrive. Have you ever done something which all this while you were just wishing you can do this or never believed you could actually do it as it is beyond your wildest dreams, but you dare not do it coz it's simply what you are not good enough at or not where your main talent lies or you care about what others think about you?

I think I've done that. Been through many similar cases.

I dare not even think where I am right now and the things that I am doing and going to do. It's beyond my wildest dreams! But it's a life full of challenges, full of surprises, anticipation, dreams, going to lands you never thought you would step foot in! All these involve risks and taking a step or steps out of your own comfort zone- a place you get so comfortable and complacent, where everything is fine, perfect, absolutely lovely for you. It's like you are living in bungalow house, and you think that's the best... but the truth is if you are willing to open your eyes and look out, you will see and know that there is a bigger house than a bungalow. This is just an example I can think of at this point of time. hahah..

Telling the truth being out of the comfort zone is never comfortable. That's why it is out of the comfort zone! But no pain, no gain right... Likewise, it is so hard to comprehend at times when God asked you to do something which you so easily wonder and ask "Why me?!" "Why not Sharon or Matt? Why ME?!?" "God, it's crazy! How in the world am I going to do it?" "I don't like this! It hurts. It's embarassing." "There's other people better than I am..." And also, one thing I learnt, if you don't want to do what God has called you to do, He can find other people. It is us who will be in the losing end coz we will lose out on something God has for us if we were to take that step of faith to say yes to Him. God believed in you that you can do what He has called you to do, or else why did He find you? He called, He will give us what we need to accomplish it. *Speaking loud and clear to Melissa Ong* ;p

I realized if God called you to do something, He has a plan for your life, which you might not see it now or understand no matter how deep you try to imagine or think, but God really does have a plan. As I take the step of faith to the things God is calling me to, I pray I will be faithful and will not lose by giving up one fine day. It's hard for me. Real tough. I told God the other day that I didn't know serving You could be this hard. Sometimes, it's the people. Sometimes, it's yourself- getting over fears, unwillingness to put God first above your agendas, time and other excuses.

But I know and pray one day, I will stand before God and proudly tell Him with joy that I've accomplished His purpose for my life and have been the person He has created me to be. Though there's pain in the offering, my comfort is God is there for you.

*Leading worship in the main service on Sunday. First time. God bless me and be with me. May people be touched and experienced God's sweet love in a wonderful way. God be lifted up most high. And last Sunday, I unlocked a treasure from a song. It's when you are at the lowest place- down at Jesus' feet, that is actually the MOST HIGH place. *From the song No Higher Calling- Down at Your feet O Lord, is the most high place*

GBU and me too. In need of God's blessings. Scared.. lol :)

No comments: