Sunday, January 4, 2009

Watching the Nite 2008 Pass Me By...

YO-U!


Whassup? Was at church on New Year's Eve for Watchnite Service to celebrate & praise God for His goodness and faithfulness throughout the year 2008. Pastor Alvin mentioned something like this: "Some people attend watchnite service to welcome the new year 2009; whereas some people attend watchnite service to chase away the old year 2008." Very interesting! It all boils down whether one is an optimist or pessimist. And always, the optimists are the very ones who would most likely to succeed because they are the ones who are able to look even at the worst things at another perspective and take it as a lesson to learn and to see if they can make something good out of something not so good. This is my point of view. Anyway, I like optimism. Not sure if there's such a word... but I really like optimism. haha. But surely hope I can remember to be one at ALL times. =)

Glancing 2008 back, God was indeed gracious to me and my family. He provided every of our single need. We weren't lacked of anything good! He provided financially too though there were tough times. He used many people who came across our path, and even our very own near relatives to bless us. And we too, choose to bless others knowing when we bless others, we are being God's extended hands and feets. =)

2008 embarked the many first beginnings in my life; being away home for a duration of 2 months +, bathing using sarong, meeting all sorts of ppl with different personalities and characters, college life and the list goes on...

2009 will be a great year for me albeit there would not be short of trials and testings. How do I know it would be great?? Optimism. haha =) Pastor mentioned during service about the ONE THING. There are many things, many purposes and visions one can ever have. But what is the one thing that God wants you to do this coming 2009? The one thing...? I am encouraged by a guy named Caleb found in the Bible. An ordinary guy but so purposed-driven.


God told the Israelites that God is going to bless them by giving them a land that will be filled with milk and honey; and the Israelites were very pleased to hear that. But when they discovered the land was being conquered by a huge and strong tribe of other nation, they started to doubt God, disobeyed Him as they felt inferior as well as impossible to do it. But what caught my attention when I read the verse again. It says, "But because my servant Caleb has a different spirit and follows me wholeheartedly....." the word that caught my attention was wholeheartedly. Well, even the Israelites followed God but only Caleb followed God wholeheartedly, all the way, without reproach and turning back. Caleb was not distracted by others or other works. He knew his vision and he seized it.

This coming 2009, God has placed the ONE THING in my heart. I want to have a different spirit and follow God wholeheartedly in the one thing He wants me to do just like Caleb. I want to achieve the promise that He has for me. But I need His strength, His encouragement, His grace and His Spirit every day, every moment. The fear is always there. But when there's fear, I certainly cannot achieve the things of God because I'm relying on my own strength. But His perfect love casts away all my fears. Today, I am encouraged. WITH GOD, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE. =)

Anyway, posting some COOL pictures taken with my COOL youth friends after the service. =)



Fee Vien.. My twin sis! jk. lol.. my chilli HOT AND SPICY sis in Christ. Or strawberry sweet? HAHA



3 MACHO GUYS who want to block the girls from stealing the limelight. XD Sharing is caring you know... lalala ;)



Anyway, 2008 has come to an end. It either has been a great or not-so-great year for some of us...

Well, as for 2009...

No one knows what will happen...



Though things may not be PERFECT



Or turn up the way we expected them to be...



And maybe even some unwanted things,circumstances or situations popped by in 2009...


BUT...




We will still (and never stop!) keep rocking on for Jesus Christ, the author and finisher of our faith! :)







BLESSED HAPPY NEW YEAR! =)

*A lil late... sorry... =(*


sheer cheers for '09!

No comments: